I'm on the map. With paint!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Less Than Rainy Zaterdag


April has not been particularly rainy, as you can see. I couldn't be happier, but I suppose May may not be as lush as a result. Oh well. I'll take beautiful now.

Things are heating up for Katie's area of her customer's project. She went in to work yesterday, Saturday. Believe it or not, being able to go and work in privacy seems to be good for her. So I didn't argue. Me, I went out to pick up some foodstuffs so we'd both be productive.

We didn't need a lot but I wanted to go walk around the Markt anyway. 'Snacks' was on my list so I stopped at a booth we visited last week, a Greek, Dutch-residing man with various homemade breads and tapenades. Really marvelously fresh stuff. We chatted a little about the differences among home, travel, and vacation. I excitedly asked him about living in Greece and to my surprise he commented that going back there to see family is actually a little boring. He has family also in Russia, California, and the Netherlands. Those places are all more exciting for him to spend time visiting than his native Greece. No offense to my Virginia home but I understand his points.

I paid the man and moved on to the grocery store. It was close to 5pm and the sun was just starting to take on that 'late afternoon' burnt gold hue. It was going to be a beautiful evening and I had plenty of time to get out with my camera after bringing home the groceries.

I grabbed the camera and my current read and biked out to one of the filled-in, brick-walled bastions on the city's outer ring. I snapped a few shots and enjoyed some page-turning under a tree.
Here is my Facebook album where I've been putting pictures from the Netherlands. They go from old to new.




No comments:

Post a Comment